Saturday, May 31, 2014

Blogger Me vs. Real Me

This is not my normal type of post; it's not entirely bookish-related, but it does pertain to the book-blogging community.

The other day, I had an epiphany of sorts. I was musing on how ah-mazing it would be to attend BEA and meet tons of book bloggers in the flesh and blood. (No, that choice of phrase is not odd). And based on what other bloggers have said, it seems like a pretty cool experience to finally meet someone you've been interacting with online in person.  

In my highly improbable BEA daydream, I wondered how I would react to meeting other book bloggers. Would I be completely speechless, or would I be as talkative as I normally am?
I don't know about you guys, but I've noticed that my personality online versus my personality in real life are like night and day; they're complete opposites. It's not as if I lie about my interests or try to change myself in order to "fit in" - no, I guess the different experiences result in different responses from me.

In real life - at school, around my family, in public - I think of myself as a pretty extroverted person. I like meeting new people, and although I'm not one for small talk, I can be a bit of a chatterbox at times.

Basically.
With that said, it's quite disconcerting that I have a flipped personality in the blogging world. I admit I am a bit shy, and a lot of the time I probably will not approach (not literally xD) someone first. For this reason, I am somewhat hesitant in commenting on other blogs - I don't know why I'm so shy, but I'm trying to improve, I promise!

Okay, I'm not THAT shy

Though, you'd be surprised the amount of blog posts I read daily - and if I comment on your post, that means I really really like it!

It's funny, because a lot of bloggers are the exact opposite; in real life, they're more reserved, and in the blogging world, they're VERY social.

Am I the only one who experiences this? Do you guys have different personas for the blogging and real world? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment