Monday, April 7, 2014

Flowchart: So You Wanna Read YA Historical Fiction?

I'm not the best in graphics, but I've (somehow) created a flow chart composed of GOOD (at least in my opinion) young adult historical fiction novels. It's categorized by country, time period, or sub-genre, and hopefully it's not too straining on the eye.

So... I sort of stole the idea from Vulture's YA Novel Flowchart, but I narrowed it down to historical fiction, being that it is my favorite genre. I've read pretty much everything included in this flowchart, save for a couple.

Even if you aren't the biggest fan of historical fiction, I'm sure any one of these books will captivate you and trap you inspire you to read more books of this genre!

**Click to enlarge

From left to right: 
Out of the Easy, by Ruta Sepetys
A Northern Light, by Jennifer Donnelly
What I Saw and How I Lied, by Judy Blundell
Between Shades of Gray, by Ruta Sepetys
Never Fall Down, by Patricia McCormick
Mornings in Jenin, by Susan Abulhawa
The True Adventures of Nicolo Zen, by Nicholas Christopher
The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak
Code Name Verity, by Elizabeth Wein
Tarnish, by Katherine Longshore
Grave Mercy, by Robin LaFevers
Something Strange and Deadly, by Susan Dennard

3 comments:

  1. This is pure awesomeness! I love your flowchart, and don't say your graphic editing skills suck because it looks so neat and pretty. It inspires me to make my own, except I haven't read enough books yet.

    I've only read a few historical fiction novels, but I can definitely say that the Book Thief is amazing! And I'm also going to start Code Name Verity soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such good choices! Code Name Verity is waiting for me at the library (literally. It's on hold.) so I can't wait to get my hands on that. Between Shades of Gray is another one I need to get round to reading.

    The Book Thief is so perfect as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this graphic! It works so well. :)

    Code Name Verity, The Book Thief and Out of the Easy are all favourites of mine so yay for that. ;D

    Please do more of these!

    ReplyDelete